Okay, you have a finished piece of writing – anything from an ebook to an Annual General Report or even an academic paper – that would like to have proofread or copy edited. How do you move the process forward?
You start by submitting your manuscript along with a word count, deadline, the currency in which you would like the quote (sterling, US dollars or Euro) and whether you want just proofreading or copy editing. Proofreading covers the following:
- General typographical errors
- Consistency of fonts/typefaces
- Ensuring that the layout is tidy
- Spelling inconsistencies in names/places, etc
- Incomplete sentences
- Repetition of words, phrases or sentences.
Copy editing includes the above and also:
- Errors in use of words
- Improvements in wording to make the work flow
- Identifying repetition of concepts, explanations and arguments in essays and academic papers, etc
- Identifying contradictory storyline details in books and eBooks (fiction)
- Identifying contradictory arguments in essays and academic papers, etc
- Identifying inconsistencies in character descriptions, back-stories, etc
- Accuracy of spelling of real names, places and specialist terms.
Once you have submitted your work, I will review it promptly and send you a firm quote stating how much it will cost you, when the work will be delivered and how long the quote will remain valid. Normally the quote will be valid for 30 days, but this may vary according to my workload. If the deadline is tight, there may be a premium or surcharge. If so, I will indicate this in the quote and will also indicate an alternative price for a later deadline. This will give you multiple options from which to choose.
If you have any questions, you can ask me by email or phone. Alternatively we can chat via skype, googlechat, oovoo, googlehangouts, VoxOx, Goober, Ekiga and Jitsi and I will try to answer your questions and resolve any outstanding issues. Then, if you decide to accept the quote and work with me, submit your payment in full (via PayPal) along with the reference code and I will get to work on it immediately.
|Special Deal for books, eBooks and longer academic works|
|In the case of long works, such as full length books and ebooks, the procedure is different in two ways.
For a quote please send your manuscript or copy to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the deadline and indicating whether you want the quote in sterling, US dollars or Euro. Or contact us by phone or using the form below.